Treatment of Burns : Can Allopathy achieve “The ideal healing touch” on its own ?
Dr. (Maj.) Suma Kaza
- Burd A. Research in burns – present and future. Indian J Plast Surg. 2010;43:S11–4.
- Thomas SJ, Kramer GC, Herndon DN. Burns: military options and tacticalsolutions.JTrauma. n2003;54:S207–18.
- Proceedings of the First International Congress on Research in Burns, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Md., September 19-22, 1960. Artz CP, editor. Washington, DC: American Institute of Biological Sciences; Oxford: Backwell Scientific Publications; 1962.
- Dorai AA. Wound care with traditional, complementary and alternative medicine. Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery . 2012;45(2):418-424.
- Broussard KC, Powers JG. Wound dressings: selecting the most appropriate type. Am J ClinDermatol. 2013;14:449–59.
- Wasiak J, Cleland H, Campbell F, Spinks A. Dressings for superficial and partial thickness burns. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013;3, CD002106.
- World Health Organization. Traditional medicine: Fact sheet N134. 2008. Dec. Available from:http://www.who. int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs134/en/
- Rowan et al. Burn wound healing and treatment: reviewand advancements; Critical Care pg1-12.
- Satakopan, S., Pharmacopeial Standards for Ayurvedic, Siddha and Unani Drugs. In Proceedings of WHO Seminar on Medicinal Plants and Quality Control of Drugs Used in ISM. Ghaziabad, pp: Kamboj, V.P., Herbal Medicine. Current Science, 78 (1): Krishnan, R., Indian Drug Manufactured Association Bulletin
- Chambliss LR. Alternative and Complementary Medicine: An Overview. ClinObstetGynaecol. 2001;44:640–52.
- V. K. Tiwari, Burn wound: How it differs from other wounds? Indian J Plast Surg. 2012 May-Aug; 45(2): 364–373.
- Ryan TJ, Use of herbal medicines in wound healing: a perspective paper, Int J Low Extreme Wounds. 2003 Mar;2(1):22-4.